sobota, 27 sierpnia 2011

Ubuntu: Nokia E52 as 3G modem on Natty 11.04 box

Last week I had some problems with the signal strength of the default 3G modem delivered by the operator (which appeared to be Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E220 HSDPA Modem / E270 HSDPA/HSUPA Modem) together with the so called Blueconnect offer (offered by the polish T-Mobile former ERA) while the signal strength on my mobile phone Nokia E52 seemed to be perfect. That is why I decided to try to connect with the Blueconnect using my mobile. The idea was to connect the phone to the laptop using the bluetooth and toward the radio network via 3G/GSM.


First of all I did a reference speed measurement on the using the original Huwaei modem (http://www.speedtest.net/) - the results are presented below:

 
Ok, as soon as I had the results I switch the card to my Nokia E52 mobile and started to configure the bluetooth connection. On Gnome there is a wizard for managing the bluetooth devices – it can be found System->Preferences->Bluetooth or as in my case if you are using gnome-do just type bluetooth in the gnome-do window and just follow the instructions as on the screenshots below (please remember to enable the DUN):











 Last but not least I did the bandwidth check and the results are slightly better than in case of Huawei modem but the most important is that the signal strength is more stable than before. The measurements were done at polish seaside (Gaski - 54.241018,15.892321)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz