niedziela, 26 grudnia 2010

Knoppix: Boot problems on Amilo L6820

Today I was to repartition the harddrive on a FujitsuSiemens Amilo L6820 laptop (completely remove the partitions containing some old linux) and needed to boot from the Knoppix boot DVD. Unfortunately boot with the default options ended with a black screen (no response from the OS). After some googling I found a very useful page that describes the boot options available for Knoppix.

At first I took the advice from the Tips&Tricks section marked as helpful for laptops:
boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm
However this did not solve all my problems - I mean the start up was much better namely I was able to see the prompt (bash shell) but still while booting the X windows server the OS hung.

Since I was able to see the prompt I decided to start the Knoppix only in the text mode as below:
boot: knoppix 2 acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm
2 - stands for the Runlevel 2, Textmode only

With these settings I have succesfully started the Knoppix and was able to proceed to my real tasks ;) Actually the settings did not solve the X window problems but I did not need it...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz