czwartek, 26 sierpnia 2010

Java - JSR181 and jaxws-api maven problem

Today I tried to create a WS that would be used for a purpose of mass provisioning operations. The ideas was to transfer the file as the attachement to the normal SOAP message (to avoid xml tag overhead) - in my case I decided to check MTOM (Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism) and JBoss as the runtime environment (version 5.1.0 with Tomcat web container). I found a manual describing howto enable the MTOM for a WS in JBoss and decided to start the implementation. For that purpose I used EclipseIDE + maven for building the packages and here the first problem occured namely it seems to be a dependency problem between jsr181-api (WebService, SOAPBinding annotations) and jaxws-api (BindingType annotation). In my case I was able to use the first one in version 1.0 MR (MaintenanceRelease) while the jaxws-api in version 2.1-1 required the 1.0 version, which led to the following problem:

Missing artifact javax.jws:jsr181:jar:1.0:compile


The problem basically is that there is no packaging available for this artifact - probably due to some licensing restrictions.

1) Fortunately there is a workaround that helped in my case - to use the geronimo-jaxws_2.1_spec instead of jaxws-api :) And it solved my compilation problems.

2) I found another solution to the previously described problem:
- I added the http://download.java.net/maven/2 repository
- I increased the version of jaxws-api 2.2.1

Moreover the version 2.2.1 comes with JSR224 annotations, which contain the @MTOM annotation for web services supporting the MTOM.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz